Monday 15 October 2012

Transparent Computing

Work

I would like to share with you an article I wrote to highlight the strong link between Transparent Computing, HTML5 and the work we are doing at TGC with AGK and Freedom-Engine.  As a treat for reading the article, you will find a link half way down the page which runs one of my Freedom-Engine apps I deployed about a week ago.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/transparent-computing-with-freedom-engine-html5-and-beyond

I did not need my own server, or pay broadband costs, or learn any fancy web languages either. I just knocked out a few simple lines of code, pressed the Deploy button in Freedom-Engine and I had an instant link I could share. It does not get any easier than this.


Play

This blog would not be complete without something a little more light-hearted and a little less tech:


This is me, Virginia and Alistair (author of the Hands On Series) balancing precariously on the edge of a hill riding the new Segway X2 machines. Here is a video clip of the start and end of my one hour on two wheels.



I must confess they are the most unlikely method of propulsion but having rode on one, you suddenly realise they are extremely smart, super fast and the X2 model is all-terrain too which is immense fun!


Progress

My work sheet for this week is pretty packed with plenty of Freedom-Engine in addition to some side project work too, so keep your eye on the blog tab at www.freedom-engine.com for more news on what's happening in the team.


No comments:

Post a Comment